Sort of a potpourri tonight-- here we go!
* I opened my one box shipped from Coastal Magic and retrieved my box of Exploding Kittens. I need to remember to have the kids give this game to my mom the next time they go. I believe much hilarity will ensue.
* The reason I opened the box was to give some of the books inside to my friend Sheela. She was grateful for the books, and rewarded me by a long sit down in front of the first episode of The Chronicles of Shanara. I'm officially hooked.
* I parried by trying to hook her on Lucifer. She's got it in her list of things to record. *taps fingertips together* Excellent. My friend corrupting plan is underway.
* ZoomBoy is making DNA out of pipe cleaners and beads. He also likes to tell us that he manufactures DNA just by converting oxygen to CO2, but you know? Given the amount of detritus that kid leaves behind, I think he's figured it out.
* Don't ask me how, but I ended up summarizing the plot of How to Raise an Honest Rabbit
for Squish today. I finally got to theI' first kiss and said, "But it got complicated after that." To which she replied, "Yes, because it's not a fairy tale movie, where the princess does a thing, and then they kiss, and then it's all happy after that. In real life, relationships are harder."
I feel the need to reiterate that she's nine, but will be ten in April. I'm not sure why, I just felt it would need restating.
*While at Sheela's house, we kicked the kids outside to run in circles out on the front lawn. Okay-- that's not officially what happened. They said, "Can we go outside and play!" and given that it was a balmy February day, we said yes, and then we saw that Sheela's dog was gazing out the window, her head moving back and forth, like she was watching a tennis match. We paused Shanara for a minute and looked out to see what they were doing.
They were running in circles--a big circle, one kid in the lead, the other three following her. We don't know why they were doing that, but since it mades the odds of them sleeping tonight much better, we let them carry on. I mean, the dog was watching them--win/win, right?
* I'm going to just put it out there that the re-release of Phonebook is available for presale free at DSP, and ARe--and for $.99 at amazon- so, you know, whatever floats your boat!
* And other than that, I did some ordering for RT today, and am getting ready to go to Orlando at the beginning of March. So, uhm. busy!
* The kids are going back to school tomorrow, where the little buggers belong. That being said, they got two whole nights at grandma's including a trip to Coloma, a trip to Old Sac, and a chance to go play with friends. I'll say their mini-vacay was well spent. And now it's my turn to spend my time the way I need to!
If you need me, I'll be writing!