Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Thanks, Julian!

"Hello, how are you tonight?"

"Hot! It's hot here-- I looked it up, it said it would be cooler, but it is not cold. I am thinking about my luggage. Mistakes have been made."

"Oh, that is too bad. It should cool down later this week."

"I'm so glad to hear it--my favorite dress in the luggage is not made for a balmy 70 degrees with humidity."

"It is nice to meet you. My name is Julian!"

"Hello, Julian. My name is Amy."

"Where to, Miss Amy?"

"The Daytona Beach Hilton. And..."  I don't want to do this-- I really don't. But I didn't eat in Atlanta during the layover and...  "Julian--could you do me a big old favor?"

"Certainly?"

"I'm starving. Is there any way we could go through the drive thru of a McDonalds or something?"

"Absolutely. I think I know where one is."

Well, he couldn't find it--but we went to Wendy's instead. They had a North Pacific Cod Sandwich that I WISH they had in California, which is significantly closer to the North Pacific. And now I am in my hotel room, in my jammies, happy as a clam at a bake.

By the way? Daytona Beach is even better than I remembered.  But that could just be Julian-- or the cod!

Yay Coastal Magic!

No comments: