Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, February 5, 2016

And For That, I Must Apologize

*waves madly*

Okay-- first off, there shall probably be no fanfic Friday this week, BUT let me just say...

Today I learned that both bats and bears can blow themselves. Dex and Kane may never have sex again. This fic MUST HAPPEN.

Second, I'd like to say that Lisa Kessler is a good sport and a lovely person.  She and Jocelynn Drake  were among two of the victims, er, volunteers who were on the flash fiction panel with Damon Suede, Kathy Lyons, Kiernan Kelly and me. (Sorry other two volunteers, uh, victims, whatever! I can't find your names, and you too were wonderful!)  But Lisa sat next to me as I spun bullshit out of thin air and sunshine and picked up my random story thread without a hitch. Later we talked about college age children and how you do NOT spike the end zone and win the game just because they're out of high school, or even in college, and how it was an interesting age to parent.  Talking to her was actually like a Goddess-born gift, because it was something I needed to hear. Bless her!

Third, well-- LOTS actually. I was on a panel with Julia Talbot, B.A. Tortuga, Charlie Cochet, and Kiernan Kelly (yes, twice, because I am fortunate!) and we talked about romantic men.

Mate figured large.

I'm sure you're not surprised.

And fourth?  I just danced for a really long time (okay, two hours, or thereabouts.)  I had fun, although Mate and I tore up the dance floor in August (okay... we sort of tripped on it, but you know, it's as glamorous as we get!) I was still surprised how much fun dancing is.

With friends.

However...

I do get the feeling that as much fun as I am having, it is probably not as much fun for others to watch me dance. Let's just say that after my bit on the dance floor today, I'm starting to see why maybe enrolling Squish, Zoomboy, and Chicken all in dance was not the act of good parenting I thought it was.

Possibly, given my genetic material and stunning sense of hamster rhythm, it was closer to child abuse.

And for that, I must apologize.

1 comment:

Lisa Kessler said...

I had a blast sitting next to you in the Flash Fiction craziness! :)

It's been so fun getting to know you!

*HUGS*

Lisa