Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Knitting Saves the World!

Not much to talk about today--it's been mostly in my head.

Seriously--Mondays are pretty busy. Drop Squish off, take dogs for a walk, work/communicate for a few hours, go to aqua, get lunch, pick kids up.  Today we stopped at Staples on the way home, just for a change of pace, and then home, work, a quick nap, make dinner, and, hey, today was a luxury, Mate got home to watch TV!

But I did have a friend ask me to make her niece a chemo cap--and that was fun, because yarn, but also because specialized yarn, something really soft, and hopefully machine washable, and perfect for a little girl.

I'm going to use the excuse to go shopping with Babetta--yay!

And another friend asked me about cables, and I got to send her one of my favorite patterns.

So, seriously. Would have been the most boring day--but knitting!

I'd say who knew, but, let's face it--I've been saying it for years ;-)

Oh-- and we also got to see what a 5 lb. bar of chocolate looked like. ZoomBoy was so excited he put the outside wrapper on his wall.

And I had the following texting conversation with someone who shall remain nameless:

Nameless: I'm sick. I think my cat gave me worms.

Me: I don't think you can get worms from your cat.

Nameless: I can too.

Me: No, I really don't think it's that easy. *looks up internet true fax*

Nameless: I've been sick for a month.

Me: No-- look. It says it's really hard. Unless you've been rimming your cat while you sleep, I think your allergies just turned into walking pneumonia!

Nameless: Well, that could have happened too.

Me: GO TO THE DOCTOR TOMORROW!

Nameless: Fine. They at least can tell me if it's worms.

And that's all, folks!

No comments: