Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, August 26, 2016

Falling Asleep at the Computer

Literally. I usually get a day to sleep after a trip, and not so th is time, so I think it's catching up to me. 

Only a few notes from today--

*  When I was in Kansas City, DSP had some extra books to send home with me for promo and such, and I'd bought a lot of T-shirts. On the last day I decided to send home a box with my books and my dirty laundry (to make room for the kid's T-shirts) and went to the service guy at the con:

"So, do you guys sell boxes?" I asked the classically handsome blond/blue-eyed midwestern wonder behind the counter.

"Uh..."  

I adjusted my dirty laundry in the bag in my hand. "Please tell me you sell bags."

"Uh..."

And I blanked. Just blanked. 

"Ma'am?"

"I'm sorry," I said. "I'm picturing one of those big butcher's bones you buy for your dog."

"I'm sorry, ma'am?"

"Because I'm boned."

He laughed.

In the end, I got a box from one of the T-shirt vendors-- a ginormous box, actually.  I put the books on the bottom and padded them with my dirty laundry.

The box arrived today-- beat to shit--and Mate asked, "What the hell is that?"

"Books," I said.

"Anything else?"

"Laundry."

"You sent home laundry?"

"I've done it before. At least there's no shoes in this one."

"Sure."

*  *  *

And in other news, we had to leave my minivan at the car dealership today so they could repair the air conditioner.  To replace it, they gave me a CR-V, which, for those of you who remember Fish Out of Water, Jackson got TWO of in the course of the book.

And if you read the ficlet posted at Grave Tells you get the feeling that maybe Jackson and this particular car are just kind of cursed.

So Raj, my friendly neighborhood Honda dealership guy walks me out to the car, and I was like, "Hey, that's Jackson's car!"

And he had no idea what I was talking about.

But that didn't mean I wasn't taking notes for Jackson as I drove out of the lot.

*  *  *

And that's it for tonight-- did I mention I was falling asleep?  Night all!

No comments: