Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, May 29, 2015

Power Outtage

Squish went back to school today, where she thrilled everybody with the voice of a 60 year old chain-smoking truck driver, and I actually tried to work out.  By the way? You can't cough too hard when you're doing deep water jumping jacks.  Ask me how I know.

Either way, we sort of had to get out of the house because THIS was going on outside, and the power went out around 8:15 and didn't come back on until about 2:30.  (For those of you worried about all of the ice cream I bought yesterday--AS I WAS-- it is soft but still sound. I scrupulously didn't open the freezer once the power went down, and felt like seven kinds of fool for shopping yesterday in the first place. *headdesk*)

The power is back on now (huzzah!) and I can do interwebs again.  And btw? I was heartily embarrassed to realize that while my computer may for quite a while on battery, the ROUTER on the other hand runs on electricity. You do not want to know how long I sat hitting "refresh" and wondering why Interwebs not go.  *headdesk headdesk headdesk*

However, I did continue to write on battery before going to drown myself, and the best part of that is, these guys on the phone pole provided some serious entertainment talking about their love life.

"Well, I don't think she understands me."

"Does she understand your…heh heh heh heh…"

"Yeah, but we don't want to do any of the same things.  You know go bowling..  You can only do so much heh heh heh heh…"

*mass chorus of "heh heh heh heh" as several men imagine sex at the same time*

I'm thinking, "You guys know that at least two of you are thinking of doing each other, right?  I mean, there's twenty of you--odds are good!"

Fortunately I did not shout this out my window, because they were all being nice to me and I did not want a telephone pole dropped on my head.  Heh heh heh heh heh.


No comments: