Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, May 1, 2015

A good cause

So, I did this last year,  with Truth in the Dark, and I was really proud of being able to give to a good cause.  Mental Health Awareness is something so important, and yet our government continues to marginalize the mentally ill.  In June, Deep of the Sound is coming out, and I deal with what it's like to be a caretaker for people who, while dear to you, are irreparably damaged inside.

It's hard.

It's so difficult to deal with--I know this from experience, and I've blogged about it in the past.  (Not today--I'm sort of barely holding on to myself today, so not a great day to go jogging down memory lane.)  Suffice it to say, when you're presented with conservatorship papers for a parent when you turn eighteen, even if you give up that right (hey! EIGHTEEN!) you become incredibly aware of how vulnerable adults can really be.

To that end, I'm donating a portion of the proceeds for every sale of Chase in Shadow during the month of May. The really sucky thing about the timing of this fundraiser is that I don't get my royalty check until August-- I won't be able to tell you how much I donate until then.  But last year, I donated over $100 for  Truth in the Dark, so I have high hopes for this one.

It's a good cause--and if you haven't read Chase in Shadow yet, it's the first book in the Johnnies series, so hey! Could be the start of a whole new addiction.

Thanks for your support on this one, folks!  And as for everybody who donated and commented on THIS POST (you have one more day to do that, btw-- just get back to me on that thread before tomorrow!) I shall be doing a post office run on Tuesday, so shall probably be in contact with you over the weekend to see what you want from the Amy stash/paperback archives!  (Oh-- and for everyone who donated to Project Trevor? When I donate for my Rainbow Award entries, THAT'S my charity of choice.  Good for you guys!)

So there you go. Amy's fundraising again. *yawn* But enjoy Chase in Shadow if you get to it. A lot of people really love that one!


1 comment:

Helena Stone said...

I don't think I own Chase in the Shadow yet so I guess May would be a better than usual month to get it. It has just risen to the top of my list. Good luck with the fundraiser, I hope it exceeds your expectations.