Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Just catching up...

Hey all--

I've been writing a lot of blog posts that I'm not posting. Normally I wouldn't even mention them, but I didn't want those of you worried about the Patreon eating all my time to think that's where all the blog post went--I'll still blog about my family, but sometimes the blog acts as a diary, and I've learned the hard way that I need to keep some of that shit to myself.

Anyway--about four years ago I wrote THIS about the Crucible and the theory of Diabolism.   I mention it here because it has a summary of the play and I applied it to politics at the time, and I've been thinking about that a lot. I may talk about it later--I just thought I'd throw it out there now.

And as for the rest?

New Years was a very sweet, very quiet affair. Big T brought is girlfriend over for a pork roast (that turned out surprisingly good with some apricot jam--and was even wonderful as a sandwich tonight!) and some ice cream and some boring family stories. Apparently he thought that would be the be-all and end-all of his evening, but he brought her in, and she looked FABULOUS, with her hair coiffed and glitter on her cheeks and a black velvet dress. I told her she looked amazing and told T she looked amazing and he gave her a surreptitious look from the kitchen.

"Yeah, Mom-- I thought we were going to stay here most of the night, but she dressed up so nice. There's a party where all her friends are--I think we might leave at nine to go there so she can be seen."

Good boy. They left early, and we were here, watching The Thin Man and enjoying every black and white minute of it.  Ah, Asta--always good for a laugh!

ZoomBoy was sick for the past couple of days--but he'd surpassed his expiration date a couple of days ago, honestly, and it was to the point where we'd walk across the room and start sniffing our own pits because we couldn't figure out where the stench was coming from. (It's hard to make a sick kid take a shower when there's a 50/50 chance the water won't be freezing.) Anyway--after we clinked glasses in a New Years toast and then did a group hug, he pulled back and said, "I have neither bathed nor farted in an entire decade."

-.0   It was like his entire life had been building up to that moment right there. Unbelievable.

Anyway-- he has since bathed. (canyagimmehallelujah? iknewyacouldamen!) Tonight we went and saw Jumanji, which was pleasantly entertaining--and God did I need that--and I actually went swimming!

And then I sat in the hot tub for half an hour-- sheer. Bliss. Ah.

So that was our New Years. Not bad, all in all.

I hope everybody else's was lovely--in fact, I hope 2020 is so awesome, we all forget the number nineteen and make enough money to hire somebody to count to twenty for us!

Happy New Year!

No comments: