* ripped jeans
* stretched out T-shirt
* bra that doesn't chafe
* underwear that don't droop
* softest, stretchiest hoodie
* booby hamster
I'm home-- oh baby I'm home!
* The sun came out.
* I got to go walking on the beach.
* I took lots of pictures-- many of them panoramic, because Daytona really does look like the pictures and the movies, and that's sort of cool.
* I realized that even though there are many nice hotels on the strip, there are some hotels where the 80's went to cook meth and die. I was REALLY happy to be in one of the nice ones.
* I got to have dinner with Gini Koch and T.C. Blue-- T.C. writes m/m, and we've been to cons before, but Gini is het sci-fi/humor (think Terry Pratchett with girl power!) and together, we had a blast on the last night .
* By hilarious chance, Gini and I got seated next to each other on the plane from Daytona to Atlanta-- she is a glorious traveling companion. She even bolted a sandwich with me during my shortened layover.
* The plane from Atlanta to San Francisco spent two hours on the tarmac-- I slept through both of them.
* I woke up about half an hour after take off and read a book cover to cover.
* My seat mate for that leg of the tip told me I looked like a fatter version of Debra Messing. Since Mate has sort of a crush on her, I took that as a compliment.
* The dog was so excited to see me when I got home that he peed all over the house. Twice.
* The cat camped out on my feet when I went to the bathroom this morning-- no hand humping involved. I was a pooping human woobie.
* The kids were thrilled that I was home-- I was hugged to death.
* Squish wore her hat to school. Zoomboy got Lego Harry Potter years 1-4 for his video game. Everybody wanted some mom.
* Mate said he missed me. This means a lot to me-- I always feel like I don't do enough when I'm home. It's good to know I'm missed.
It's my first day back, which means I'm doing my best imitation of a comatose garden slug. No-- not kidding--I don't even do laundry my first day back, hence my traditional uniform. I'm useless. I'm a barely sentient paperweight. For instance, now, after my traditional gazunga hour nap I may get some work done on my drug addicted rock star.
Besides watching television with my kids?
It's what I look forward to most in the world.
I'm glad to be home.