Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Saturday, August 28, 2010

And other shitty things happened this week...

Including Mate spraining his ankle (and being a total trooper about it as he coached soccer, bless him), and a clusterfuck over at amazon.com and the fact that our cat apparently has a jumping disability...

But forget about that. Because I've got some writing happy, all in one whack, and I'm gonna celebrate for a nanosecond before I start whinging about what, let's face it, is a pretty awesome life. First of all, there's this:



It's the first pencil sketch for Guarding the Vampire's Ghost (the Adrian Story) and I'm without words. It's beautiful, and, well, dammit, I'm just spoiled. Spoiled rotten. Every cover that's come out of DSP has made me so proud to write for them. Damn.

And, well, after that, there were some of these,, and
this, and this, and one of these. ETA-- oh yeah... and one of these too! (Damn. Just. Damn. Added this last one tonight. I'm sort of blown away.)

Someone likes me. The nerves, insecurity, anxiety, fear, and neurosis can resume on their regularly scheduled patterns (pretty much in sync with my breathing and heartbeat, actually) but for the moment, I'm good.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats on the cover sketch, the best-selling book, and the good reviews!

And, dang... Sorry to hear things have been so rough this week. :(

DecRainK said...

Sorry about Mate.

WooHoo on the great reviews.

AWESOME artwork!!!!!

roxie said...

Awesome! Fricking awesome! Print off and frame those reviews to help you through the down times. Best-selling? WooHoo!!! You GO baby!

Bummer about the shit happening, but damn, if you're lucky in love, you can't be lucky at cards, too.

marcieo said...

Wow - I love the sketch!! I can't wait for the Adrian book! *SQUEE*

ElaineG said...

I totally agree with every review, every book of yours is equally AMAZING! My favorite is still Keeping Promise Rock though *grins* I just wanna take Crick and Deacon home and cuddle them both, though I don't Crick would like that lol!

Beautiful cover sketch, it would look amazing framed above my desk I think...or you know, yours lol!

I am now waiting patiently for Talker....really, I AM!

grammy said...

Sorry to hear about Mate getting hurt....But your writing acheivement week was awesome...and Look 3 more days till Talker
and ya gotta love T.h.a.t. cover

grammy

Galad said...

Roxie is absolutely right. Print those reviews out and keep them around to remind you how awesome you (and your writing) are.

Hope Mate is feeling better soon!

Saren Johnson said...

The cover is sexy. I missed the cat not jumping?

Poor Mate. Hope he feels better soon.

Michelle said...

Great revies Amy..hope the Mate's ankle recovers expeditiously..(hehehe love that word!)