Okay-- we really are broke. Mate and I are planning a stunning diet of pb &j while on vacation, and at my last two trips to the yarn store, I *gasp* only knit, and bought no more stash. However, it's interesting how creative you can get amusing yourself when you can afford nothing but soda and otter pops, and here are some examples:
* A week and a half ago, we actually WOKE CHICKEN UP LAUGHING. What were we laughing at, praytell? Why, Mom's traffic video, showing her blowing through a right hand turn on a red light. Granted, Dad thought it was a whole lot funnier than mom, but he got a good 1/2 an hours enjoyment out of that--and we had our own popcorn.
* I was recently caught bemoaning the fact that I couldn't buy any more books, e-books or otherwise, and a friend (Jen B, I LOVE you!) actually bought me a copy of Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux' 'Cut & Run'. (m/m romance fans, it's a keeper!) In return, she's getting the pair of Mini-Moschi socks I'm currently working on. The fact that they're rainbow colored socks in exchange for a gay romance has been cracking me up steadily for a week.
* Since the abominable fuckers in my 2nd period made off with Disc 2 of Season 1 of The Greatest Television Show Ever, I was devastated that I couldn't find any copies under $20--until I tearfully asked Knittech if she knew where a reasonably priced copy could be obtained. She is generously accepting stash for Supernatural--and besides the entertainment of the show itself, I am happily amused by this as well.
* Chicken has figured out how to hook my computer up to to the boom box I brought home from school in order to more easily broadcast our i-Tunes collection over the house. Both entertaining and not involving any purchases on our part or small things like i-Pods or cell phones that can get lost. Again. Good move, Chicken!
* Oh yeah--and instead of going to the movies yesterday (as common sense would have DEMANDED had we had any cash whatsoever) we cleaned house instead. Not that this was particularly entertaining in a 'ha-ha' sense, but it was a perfectly acceptable way to pass the time.
* And, you know, now that I've written the, uhm, big, uhm, sex scene for Rampant, i could always FINISH THE DAMNED BOOK ALREADY. That's good for many of us, right?
* And the next Jack & Teague short.
* And let us not forget the essay on why Brutus tops Cassius! (Besides the fact that Cassius is an insecure whiny little bitch and Brutus needs to do SOMETHING to get him to shut up, that is!)
Yup, it's gonna be a cash-free rollicking party of a summer, I can tell you that already!
Hey--next time I blog, I might be in Colorado. *oooooooooooooohhhhhh*