Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Sunday, May 27, 2007

*ahem* And props go out to...

Okay...first of all, if you didn't get to it before, my last post was sort of fun (if you happen to be in love with yourself, as we all know I am...) so don't just blow it off because I'm on to something else...

And second of all?

SQUUUUUEUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are we hyperventilating and dropping our books and our purses in the middle of the Sunrise Mall Borders store, you might ask?

Because, ladies and gentleman (whomever he might be...), they are carrying copies of MY books. One copy of VULNERABLE, three of WOUNDED... Swear to Triane, as Chicken is my witness, I almost wet my pants.

I have an idea how it might have happened--a friend and a die-hard fan (LIR, you know who I'm talking about) mentioned my books in this book store, and the lady working the counter also did the book ordering--she said she would order a copy for herself, and if she liked it, she would order some for the store... I guessed I impressed someone, because the unthinkable has happened--I have spotted my own book in the wild, completely unplanted by myself. My head really has grown by at least two inches, which explains again why I'm all 'fingerless mitts' and not at all about hats...

And since I'm giving props... (and since we're all ready to kvetch about bad service and often forget to praise good service, I thought I'd give some other props...

First, to these people--the folks at Lantern Moon because not too long ago I was knitting on a very pricey set of sock needles, and one of them broke, and when I wrote to ask if I could buy just one (since they are really pricey) the company sent me two new free needles.

That, folks, impressed the hell out of me, and I thought I'd share.

And you know someone else who impressed the hell out of me?

These folks at simplysockyarn.com. Not too long ago, I ordered a total "I'm stressed so I'm buying yarn I can't afford", and the yarn buy was so shameless, that yes, dear bloggers, I neglected to tell you about it from sheer embarrassment. Anyway, after I sent in my order, they e-mailed me back and (get this!) told me they couldn't send me the two skeins of Lorna's Laces because they were from DIFFERENT DYE LOTS and asked if I wanted another color. When I said that I'd rather have another skein of the Schaeffer's Anne in Hermione (as in Granger...yes, I'm a geek, why do you ask?) for my phantom 'Lace Shawl' that I'm planning some amorphous time in the future, they set that up, sent me the pay-pal and got me my sock yarn in record time... it was AWESOME...all that lovely buying of all that lovely sock yarn, and no stress, which is good, because I was buying the yarn to GET RID of the stress, and I was most impressed.

So let's hear it for my friend Rebecca, who recommended me to Borders and let me loose on the unsuspected populace of Citrus Heights, and for the Lantern Moon and Simply Sock Yarn companies, for totally making us people with pointy sticks look good. Hip hip, HUZZAH!

9 comments:

Bells said...

that's fantabulous!!! All very, very exciting news. Do you s'pose Borders in Canberra will be stocking you any time soon?

NeedleTart said...

Wonderful! We will keep checking the bookstores around PA (and nudging, just a little).

The Lady in Red said...

Hooray! I think I need to go check the Roseville store today to see if it's an area wide phenomenon. If not, maybe I'll stalk the store and it's book orderer person until it is. :D

roxie said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!! Oh, drat. Now I have to go change my panties.

Amy, I am SOOO excited for you. How completely, totally awesome!

Bells, if you want Borders to stock the books, you need to go to them and ask them to order them. Please do it. Please,please,please? Amy will simply plotz if she is distributed internationally.

Amy Lane said...

Yes. Plotz is EXACTLY the word I was looking for! (Thanks, guys:-)

Louiz said...

Aha, in that case I shall also ask Borders here to order them too:)

Saren Johnson said...

How excitting to be able to say, it's taking off! Wonder if all the Borders will be carrying them, or just the ones in your area. (After you ask, that is.)

Susan said...

Freakin' SQUEEEEEEEEEE Ay!!!

That's gotta feel like Christmas on your Birthday on the first perfect 72 degree day of the spring when all the roses and peonies bloom and you've just finished eating a slice of the perfect chocolate mousse-filled cake while your kids ate theirs without fighting or even dropping so much as a crumb on themselves or the antique lace tablecloth that looks so gorgeous with Great-Grandma's china set on it.

Only better.

Congratulations.

Bells said...

right. I'm heading off to Borders to find out!