Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sorry about that...

So, usually when I get home from a long trip--particularly one that was sort of exhausting. I have a couple of days of downtime and recovery and, you know, lots of long naps.

Not so much this time.

The kids had a performance on Wednesday--at a nursing home, so that was really very sweet (those are the pictures behind the fake ferns)--and there was car shopping for Mate and grocery shopping Thursday, Friday was a cluster of grooming, errands, and exhaustion, and Saturday was a combination of soccer, birthday parties, and the Homecoming Dance.

And somewhere in there, I developed a ginormous headache that still persists, and basically called it quits.

Mate picked up some of the slack--he did the birthday parties and one leg of the Homecoming dance, but at one point my friend Berry Jello was like, "Hey, let's do a haunted house!"

And I was like, "No."

"No, seriously, it's super quick."

"No. Just... no."

And I just couldn't. I was working on an edit and I stetted. A LOT. Because... just no.

It's funny, how sometimes you think you have no options to take care of yourself, but you find yourself going, "Uhm, giving up now. Self-care is the thing."

So anyway--after walking the dogs and picking Big T up and trying for a nap in spite of the headache, I spent much of today staring blankly at the television, knitting.

I may be human tomorrow.

Maybe.

And my big hope tonight is to write. One edit is done, another one is pending, but tonight, I just need to write.

So sorry about the absence--it's been something of a week.  But I should be back online tomorrow, just in time for Halloween, and, three days later, Disney with the family. (Because who needs to keep their kids in school, right?)

Anyway--

May you too have the freedom sometimes to just say no.

I know it did me a world of good this weekend, and a little peace is a great thing.






No comments: