Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Me, and then some more me, and, uhm...

So I scored a huge-ish interview and I thought I'd share. It's funny how people can get such an interesting impression from interviews--I don't feel like a whirlwind at ALL. In fact, when I plop my big ass down on the stuffed chair, I gotta tell y'all, I feel more like an earthquake! (I may be losing weight though-- this is based on nothing more concrete than "These pants USED to be a lot less comfortable" but, besides the "I was sick for a WEEK" thing, I think this can also be attributed to the "purple twinkies, flying monkeys, everything else has gotta go" thing. Well, silver lining, right? Just don't ask where that thing is showin' up!)

Anyway, I was going to pin down the world's squirreliest cat for my first 'goddammit Steve!' moment, but she was off plotting the demise of a slug, a moth, or someone's toes-- only the victim knows for sure!

I got a chance to nap today--although that wasn't what it was supposed to be. It was supposed to be Squish sitting on my lap while we watched Hunchback of Notre Dame (one of my top 3 Disney movies at any time.) What actually happened was that I snored, and she woke me up every ten minutes to fast forward the commercials. (It's on DVR.) But the best part was when she grabbed my chin in her pudgy, hot little hands, and said, "I love you mom!" before anchoring my arm more securely around her waist. She's a girl who knows what she wants, and what she wants is to be cuddled.

She IS the center of the universe, after all.

Ooh ooh ooh! good television alert! Psych was on tonight, and Burn Notice is on tomorrow night! I can not WAIT for Burn Notice--tonight's favorite line?

"Hello, Sam."

"Michael, you know you're the reason I drink."

LURVE that show!

And other than that? Not a whole lot going on--I'm locked in the house with all four children tomorrow, thank you Veteran's Day, and I need you all to root for me there. Enforced time with Squish has not made me all sparkly and happy about time with my beloved offspring. By summer, it'll be different. By summer, I can leave the EDJ in my dust, but right now? Looking forward to it.

And now, an ambiguous youtube.com essay of my twisted psyche, and I'm back to writing-- The Locker Room awaits.









5 comments:

Chris said...

Yikes - have fun (????) tomorrow...

I get to pick up my car after its brain transplant! Yay!!

DecRainK said...

I liked the interview :0)
Good luck with the kiddies all day.

roxie said...

Woohoo! Awesome interview! I am so proud to know you! This really has been an Intense year for you, hasn't it?

You and you, and more you is why I keep tuning in.

Saren Johnson said...

Interview?! How awesome is that. Can I live vicariously through you?

Michelle said...

Great interview Amy. Can you hear me clapping?