Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Blog Post That Wasn't


Okay-- I had a beautiful post--I did. I still do. It was an in depth reflection about when we go out and fight battles and when we stay back and protect the home, and it had a crapload of classical references and movie references and some rock-awesome prose, but, for a lot of reasons, it didn't get put out. Anyone who wants to read it is welcome to send me a PM and I'll send it to you individually, but for now, we're going to settle for a really awful joke about effluvia, and a picture of a sleeping animal.

The awful joke about effluvia was really a realization that Zoomboy had about synonyms:

"Mom, mom! I thought of two more synonyms, want to hear them?"

"Sure!" (I said in all innocence.)

"Two synonyms for 'barf' and 'vomit' are 'throw-up' and 'puke'!"

"Your teacher must be so proud." And so am I. Mostly.

And other than that? Tomorrow I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in pies and other cooking shit--and then it's the split family juggle on Thursday. I'm sort of looking forward to the cooking shit--the family is getting a little stir crazy with all this vacation!

A real blog post next time--swear. Sometimes, it's just that discretion really is the better part of valor.

7 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Enjoy your turkey day. Sounds like you'll be running around like a Chicken....

roxie said...

When I consider the other synonyms that Zoom Boy might have come up with for other bodily functions, the mind boggles. What's a synonym for quiet? Happy? Love?

You want I should send you a Peri-Menopause? A Prime Minister? A Post Mortem? A Post Meridian? Oh, PM stands for Pri_ate Me__age. Gotcha.

Happy pie day! Love you, kiddo!

Catie said...

Still LOVING that synonym quote. I'll have to work it into a talk or something...

Louiz said...

mmm, have to agree I saw PM and thought Prime Minister (always do) before the realisation triggered:)

Chris said...

Um. Have fun tomorrow. :) We have snow over ice, so my 65 mile drive could be ugly.

Galad said...

Have a great day tomorrow!

NeedleTart said...

Elder son is home and shares a few web sites you might enjoy. despair dot com and reasoning with vampires dot tumbler dot com. Enjoy.