Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sey, I Heart Skoob--But I HATE Wal-Mart!


Chicken has been making bracelets like mad--she found a bag of cheap plastic letter beads in my 'home from school' stuff and went to town. Bracelets with names, bracelets with ages, bracelets with slogans-- "Arwyn", "Five" "I 'heart' Supernatural" (for mom) and, also for mom... "Sey, I 'heart' skoob!" Well--even Chicken gets crafter's dyslexia on occasion!

So, in order to encourage this activity, I went to Wal-Mart for some more beads--thinking this would be a $10 purchase at most, right? A ten-spot to keep the short people and a tall person happy--that ain't bad, right?

Yeah. I'm not gonna tell you how much I spent on cheap plastic beads, but it wasn't $10. @#^&*^$ Wal-Mart.

The good news is, Roxie, gracious goddess of reading minds and times and knowing EXACTLY what we need when we need it, sent us the perfect plastic bead receptacle for Ladybug-- a glittery, glamourous, goes very nicely with last-year's-Christmas-gown evening bag--she loves it, Roxie--she really loves it!

And other than that? We've made 5 pies (baked 3) and are off to distribute today--so this is, by necessity, a VERY short post.

But I"m thankful to make it. I'm thankful for all of you. I'm thankful for Mate who is sleeping and my children who are currently driving me crazy, and I'm thankful for the family scattered over Placer County to visit.

I'm truly grateful for all of it--my life is really blessed. Take heed, Goddess--I'm not taking a damned thing for granted. Ever sweet breath is appreciated, as it should be!

Longer post tomorrow!

3 comments:

roxie said...

Squeeee! I'm so pleased! Whatcha gonna do when a bag jumps off the shelf in the dollar store and starts doing a little hoochie dance, demanding to be sent to the Ladybug?

Louiz said...

The bracelets sound cool:)

Hope your thanksgiving was good.

Galad said...

The bracelets sound like great fun and the bag is perfect. Way to go Roxie.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got some of that pie!