Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week 6 Hooky.

You all know how I feel about week six--week six is the slough of despond, the depth of the pit, the bottom bend of the tunnel underneath the demon's ass.

This was week six.

Last night, the Cave Troll had a grand scale melt down about whether or not he would sleep in our room. Mate went toe to toe with him on this matter, and since they both woke up in the Cave Troll's bed, I'm calling that one a draw.

This morning, we all felt like shit. Nobody had any sleep. Everyone over the age of 12 was an inchoate soda junkie, zombie walking through dog-shit alley to the next fix, cruelly located in the garage. This evening, I called a halt to the madness. Chicken slept through soccer. Big T did his math through karate. The short people are in bed before nine o'clock and I'm willing to back that up with plenty of bottom swats to make it happen.

There will be peace in this house if I have to dose every jacked up one of us with benedryl.

Except Mate and I.

There was a reason he wanted the Cave Troll out of our room, and it had nothing to do with sleep.

That, too, is essential to life, and I refuse to apologize for needing a little sumpn sumpn now and again. The old adage is true, people--if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Words to live by, right there, no shit nor shinola amen!

On the good side of things? My times at the convention have been narrowed--I'll be signing books at the Land Beyond Horror/Sci-fi convention in Sacramento, at the Scottish Rite Temple, from three to four in the afternoon, next Friday and Saturday, the 26th and 27th of September.

Can we all say SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just for me? Nobody will be there for me besides my peeps--you all know that--but I'll get to say that I had a signing, and that just rips my panties off and sets them free. (Okay--probably too vivid a visual, but I'm flying a little on five pages of pre-11 pm RAMPANT, so I'll let it stand!)

So, it is week six, and it will get a little worse before it gets better--but we're still standing. Or sitting. Or snoozing. Or something. Canyagimmehallelujia? Amen.

4 comments:

Louiz said...

Commiseration on week 6 badness, but woohoo on the signing! I can't be there physically, but I will be thinking of you - knock their socks off!

Saren Johnson said...

Book signing!! w00t!! Can't beat that with a stick.

roxie said...

HalleloooYA! A book signing! Squeeee. Akshully, two book signings, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Yayyy!! May you sell totally out. Totally!!

Untill then, sleep and nudge, nudge wink, wink.

Galad said...

Congrats on surviving the 6 week wall. We always seemed to wind up with a night or two like that when you just have to call a halt to the frenetic activity.

Are we getting pictures from the book signing? That would be very cool :-) I'm with Roxie on the sell totally out!!!