Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blogging on and copping out

Okay-- I'll be honest. I'm a little tired, a little sick, and talking about my day doesn't appeal to me-my kid's babysitter moved to bumfuck mongolia so my commute time just got longer, I lost my make-up and I had two zits on my face that were the reason cover up was invented, and dammit, MacDonalds didn't have my chocolate chip cookies.

The day got better--I got a nap--but mostly all I had for the blog tonight was bitching and moaning about crap-dumb shit that doesn't need to be bitched and moaned about. Besides, SUPERNATURAL was on, and Dean is back, and I'm having Jack&Teague-gasms in the wake of getting to watch Jensen again. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Jen-----sen. *ah*

So I'm copping out. I was working on RAMPANT, and enjoying the hell out of it and going slow and making it count, and I thought I'd share. This is Cory, discussing theology--enjoy.

This chilly, clear Saturday night, I was sitting in the Goddess grove with my laptop, working quietly with Marcus, discussing the offspring of the gods. If God created humans, and Goddess and the other (the chaotic one) created the sidhe, and Goddess and God’s creatures created the shape-shifters, we (or rather me, I was the one wondering) what happened if the 'other' paired up with humans. The Goddess declined to do it—she bore God’s son and called it quits. The other, though… well, given the proclivities of the sidhe, he must have been one horny son of a bitch—what happened when he boffed Betty Cheerleader and had himself a rip-snortin’ good time? Considering he is the ‘other’ precisely because he is chaos in god form, I’m reasonably sure he’d leave the rubbers in the desk drawer, but what then? I mean, I’m sure the little bastards didn’t pop out and scream ‘I’m the son of chaos, change my diaper, bitch!’ but other than that, why hadn’t we heard of more little demon spawn, running around setting the nanny’s hair on fire? I'm serious. Enquiring minds want to know.

8 comments:

Louiz said...

giggle and thoughtful - maybe that's where elementals come from? Or neirids (can't find the correct spelling - mermaids), dryads, hemadryads, sirens (the original version) etc....? (assuming your mythos will have those, that is)

TinkingBell said...

Enquiring minds certainly do!

Saren Johnson said...

That's great! Friday snippits really make me want to get off my (decreasing) ass and start writing.

roxie said...

My dear, there is a little bit of the other in all of us. Hadn't you noticed? And, since, "what you think on grows," those who dwell on that side of themselves, manifest more chaos. You work in the school system. You see those kids daily. -And their demonspawn parents.

Galad said...

And what happened then?

I feel like a little kid waiting for the next part of the story :-)

Unknown said...

Editor here, and there is a slight discontinuity between lines 6 and 7. The parentheses there seem to have broken your train of thought.

Catie said...

sounds so good hope you have a good weekend (knock on wood).

and I emailed you about a possible word missing.

Donna Lee said...

I thought those kids ended up in your class.....