Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Well, at least I cooked...

 I am cooking for two different Thanksgivings tomorrow-- there were requests made...

My stepsister requested bread and German cabbage.

My mom's family requested three pies.

That's an awful lot of cooking to specific order for someone who can't make ramen without discovering some wonderful new flavor using the spices on the back of the stove.

Mate got home tonight from a King's game and I'm like, "Here, taste this."

For those of you who love the Geico commercials, I'll just leave this here...



Mate puts whipped cream on it.

"What is it?

"It's an experiment."

"An experimental what?"

"An experimental pie. What's it taste like?"

"Nothing."

"So it doesn't taste like anything?"

"Well, it tastes like pie."

"Okay, so it's not good."

"I didn't say that. Here, have a bite."

"It's not bad right?"

"Well, why do you need to know?"

"Okay, so I told my sister I'd be bringing German cabbage and bread, but I might not need to do the bread because my cousin Leanne is making bread like crazy, and my bread came out a little crusty--"

"Heh heh heh..."

"So, yeah, crusty. Anyway so I'm bringing the Chaneys pies, three of them, but I made four pies, but one of the pies was this--"

"What's in it anyway?"

"Pumpkin, vanilla pudding, and chocolate chips--"

"This should really taste better than that."

"Right? So anyway, do I give the Chaneys the cherry and two pumpkin pies, and take the experimental pie to my sister's house with the German cabbage, or do I throw the experimental pie at the Chaneys cause we're not eating there and bring a pumpkin or a cherry pie to my sister's house."

"Where are we going again?"

"Keep up here, hon-- what do I do with the pie?"

"Nothing. I just finished it."

"Should I assume then that it wasn't a complete failure?"

"Yeah. Do that. Assume away."

"Okay. I'll bring it to my sister's along with the bread that's only okay. And the German cabbage which should be outstanding."

"I like your German cabbage."

"Apparently better than my pie."

"I don't know--I may have to eat some of the other one to see if it's better than I thought it was."

"Aces. I'll bring that one to my sister's house."

"Where are we going again?"

"Here... let me draw a schematic while I"m trying to decide whether or not to make an apple pie in the morning."

"Did you get a nap today?"

*yawn *  "No."

"Yeah. Don't. Go draw up the schematic. I'm going to finish off the pie."

So, I guess the pie is all right. But then, it's hard to kill anything that gets whipped cream and pre-made crust.

No comments: