Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, June 29, 2012

Okay... So It's Out, What now?

 Okay-- so I'm WAY EXCITED that Sidecar is out, and by this afternoon it will be out at amazon.com, and it's already out at ARe.  So, anyway, I'm staring at my computer breathlessly, like this: 0.0 : while waiting for the world to recognize the awesomeness of moi!

Alas.  It doesn't happen that immediately, or that cleanly-- we all know that by now.  But I'm still going to be... well, fidgety, until I see how this one is received.  I just am.  Can I give it a prayer again?  Holy Goddess, Merciful God, Let it Not Suck?  Cannagimmehallelujia, Iknewyoucouldamen!   Thanks, guys--I needed that!

But it's funny-- I just "ran into"  (i.e., finally recognized) a fan who won a copy of The Locker Room a while back, (as well as some prime yarn!) and I remembered how freaked out I was about that one.  And Keeping Promise Rock.  And...

I worry, I guess.  I always will.  It ALWAYS feels like a profound act of hubris to share that weirdness that goes on in my oversized noggin with the whole rest of the world.  I can't explain it, I only
know it to be true.  I'm just really excited when other people seem
to think that what I've got in my head is worthwhile.  (Maybe we can blame my old job for that constant fear that it's not-- it's as good a place to start as any!)

But that's why this next project after Sidecar is exciting.  It's still in editing stages right now, but it's an anthology-- Andrew Grey, Mary Calmes and I all contributed a story based on the mythological concept of the Three Fates.  What's funny is that while Andrew picked Greek mythology, and Mary went for Egyptian, I picked Norse.  We didn't plan this-- we just each looked at the fates and wrote our stories and enjoyed what happened next.  But the fun thing is that Mary and Andrew are both awesome writers, so it's not just ME throwing myself out there... I got friends and they got my back!  So it's not hubris so much as confidence--well, mostly in them, but confidence nonetheless!  And that's what's out next!

Now, as for what I'm working on now?  Well, I just, (as of LAST NIGHT) finished the sequel to The Winter Mating Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters-- the second sequel, actually.  The first sequel (How to Raise an Honest Rabbit) was Jeremy and Aiden's story, and the second one A Knitter in his Natural Habitat is Stanley's story.  So that's almost submitted, and that's exciting.  And, of course, I thought I'd prove that I DO still knit,
and that's why I showed you, ta da! my knitting!  Yes-- lace and beadwork... I shouldn't be working on it.  I'm finishing a baby blanket for my old childcare provider, and that needs to be done tonight, but in the meantime... I love the colors and I love the beads and I love the cobweb pattern and... sniffle.. I mean, I fucked it up six ways to Sunday already, but I still loves it.  No one will know when I'm done, right?  I hope not.  I'm having so much fun working on it now!

And after Stanley (and between the knitting and the home improvement and the trip to Hawaii coming up in the next weeks!) I've got this:


You see all those pictures of superheroes?  (Of course you do-- they're most of the blog!) Well, Mary sent them to me as inspiration for the next thing on my roster.  It's a story I've been wanting to write for almost a year--it will be fantasy/steampunk, and it's going to have one of my favorite themes and I'm so excited about writing it I'm almost wriggling like a puppy.

Seriously, folks.  Steampunk Batman (NOT it's real title.)

It is time.

So that should probably be started tomorrow, along with some power house cleaning and a baby shower and some other stuff that I'll probably bore you with later.

But just know that as I go about my day and clean my house and take my kids to the pool and do water aerobics, behind my homely housewife exterior?

 Yeah.  All this other shit is going on.

Pretty awesome, right?  Makes you think about the people in the grocery store a little different, right?

Yup.  It's a scary world out there.  Even scarier when you know Batman is real!

*laughs maniacally*

Okay-- I'm done riffing.  Oh-- very quickly?  I blogged over at Chicks & Dicks yesterday-- about a sort of strange time in history.  It fits right in with Sidecar (ARe link) and even gives some surprise little snippets from it too!

And that's all for today-- gotta go snuggle!

God, I hope people like it.  THAT'S
what's going to be on in my head when Batman and Robin aren't humping like bunnies.  Just so's you know!









5 comments:

Lisa said...

No need to worry, Amy. Every book you write turns out great. I have never been disappointed. Sidecar sounds like another lovely story. I really look forward to reading it. :)

roxie said...

Halleluia, AMEN!

It sucketh not, neither doth it bore.

Tiffany said...

I am so looking forward to Side Car. I can honestly say that I have never met a "Amy Lane" book that sucketh. You are a fantastic author.

As of Thursday Side Car is MINE!

Kris said...

The anticipation of waiting ALL day at work to get home to buy it nearly killed me! But it was so worth the way...as is anything you write. LOVED IT!

Wicked said...

Picture me hanging my head and sighing. Every time I review one of your books I feel like a horribly juvenile fan girl but really, they are just that good. Thank you for this addition to my Amy Lane library. Loved every single word. I also realized something. Your books always pull a review out of me. Mostly I write down a couple words to remind myself what the book was about and that is all. However your books always get more. So I sat here for a while and tried to figure out why. Simply put it's because your books always make me feel more. Thank you.