Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Road Tripping


So, about six weeks ago I said, "I need to get my plane ticket to RWA."

Mate said, "Where is it?"

I said, "Denver."

He said, "Let's drive!"

I said, "Uh... okay. All of us?"

He said, "Yeah! Kids will love it!"

So, uh--we're driving to Denver.

And at first I was like "Does he realize there's nothing between Sacramento and Denver?"

But the kids seemed to think it would be awesome, so I bought a bunch of Neil Gaiman audiobooks--The Graveyard Book, Stardust, Neverwhere, Good Omens-- and didn't buy a plane ticket. And we planned to drive.

Turns out, I was wrong.

There is a whole lot of beauty between Sacramento and Denver.

And there's Neil Gaiman's delightful sense of humor.

And my family--which manages to have fun together no matter where we go.

So we get to Denver Tuesday, and we're going to Arches tomorrow.

And hopefully, we will have as much fun then as we have in the last two days.





















































No comments: