* The dogs were the vanguard of the attack. The littlest is still stinky, she still shits in the bedroom, and she's still endearingly cute. The biggest one is still less than 13 lbs, and he still adores me.
All is well.
* Mate was exhausted. If you saw a car swerving a little over the road last night, it was Mate, trying to stay awake. It was a good thing I was right next to him and wired for sound.
"Do you want me to drive? I can drive. I'm wide awake, you look tired. Would you like me to drive? It's been a while, I'm not sure if I remember how. Isn't the moon pretty? It's red. I like red moons. It's not purple because if it was purple you couldn't see it. Look, fog! Do you want me to drive?"
"No, Amy--you're a little loopy right now."
"Okay. So. Did we tape my TV? I need my TV. Can we watch TV? I can't wait to…"
Yeah. You get the picture.
* The little kids missed me. Zoomboy was clingy. To the point that he climbed into bed with me and snuggled. It was okay, I was exhausted enough to let him.
Squish was articulate.
"My hair never got braided. I miss how soft it is when you braid it the day before."
We spent the morning trying to figure out the name of the Harry Potter stuffed animal I bought her… doesn't matter. Purple and fluffy-- it's the secret to life.
* I am saving my most valuable lesson for Amy's Lane, which is, hello, a week late. I'm working on it-- I needed a two hour nap first. Very very necessary!
* I'm going to be trying something new with the blogging, and writing shorter blogposts every day. The goofy shorts I used to put on FB are going to start ending up on the blog. If you don't follow my blog, you may want to hit the follow button, just so you don't miss something, yeah?