Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Guarding the Vampire's Ghost



Now, some of you might remember this as "The Adrian Story" or "Adrian and the Angels". I wrote it about a year ago, semi-inspired by the Dreamspinner anthology call, "A Brush of Wings". The story was about 8,000 words too long, though, and then that whole Liquid Silver debacle occurred wherein, I sent them this story, and my other books, and THEY. NEVER. GOT. BACK. TO. ME. in spite of repeated, "Uhm, hullo! You said eight weeks! I was hoping I could submit this!" I finally just e-mailed them and said, "This is mine, dammit!" and then submitted it to Dreamspinner, who said, "We really love it!" and, well, here it is!

Guarding the Vampire's Ghost features Adrian in a supporting role. We find out how a vampire got a visitor's pass to earth to visit Green and Cory, and we see the effect that someone like Adrian might have on the hosts of heaven. (Should that be capitalized? I'm never sure!)

So, for those of you who like the Little Goddess--you may enjoy this. Those of you who like the m/m, well, uhm, ditto. The theme is very different than that of Whim (And, can I just reiterated-- SIXTEEN COPIES --you all are BUCKETS of awesome!) but, well, it's one of mine. You'll see it at the end, trust me.

I hope you enjoy it.

Amy

5 comments:

Galad said...

Awesome and another great story (like you write anything else :-) Am I biased - yep and proud of it!

Anonymous said...

I gave it 5*****STARS and 2 Tissue Boxes.. see my review at the PRG site
It was only 2 Tissue Boxes because the prologue about the QUARREL made me laugh so hard...
You are amazing and I am so glad I found you..

grammy

Chris said...

Congrats on the new release!

DecRainK said...

On my way to buy it now :0)

Donna Lee said...

You are one amazing woman. (and no I don't think your kids will be any more scarred if you tell them the zombies are not real).

Life just keeps getting better, doesn't it?