Honestly, at about seven o'clock this evening, I was thinking about blogging, and I was all for it! I had a lot to talk about-- I mean, here's a partial list:
* Zoomboy's Open House
* What Squish yelled at her sister yesterday ("Stop saying 'douchebag!")
* A few students I'm going to sincerely miss at the end of the year
* The fact that Zoomboy's playdate after school today blew chunks all over the school courtyard (which was an improvement over Sam's sister's friend, who blew chunks all over her classroom.)
* Chicken's belated but welcome infatuation with dancing ("I'm smiling sometimes this year!")
* The fact that I don't have time to write my damned final (I'll make time!)
* The bizarre question Big T asked me at five-oh-crotch-o-slutty-dawn a.m. ("Mom, do you think Gollum represents the duality of man?")
* This completely awesome link that Chris sent me.
* My completely fucked Tuesday (which still gets it's own blogpost.)
* The way all the teachers in the cafeteria knew Kewyn and the particular inflection with which they said his name (Mate said it didn't bode well.)
* The way Squish sat down to the manipulative shape puzzle they had laid out as part of the open house game-playing extravaganza and just kicked that puppy's ass--in spite of the fact that she will not attend Kindergarten for another year!
* The fact that my story "Phonebook" had to be taken from the 'Upcoming Releases' page of the Dreamspinner Press site because the banner at the top of the page is structured to remove the words 'paperback' or 'ebook' from titles, and according to the site, the title of the story was simply, "Phon". (I am not shitting you--this is absolutely and hysterically true.)
* A poem I had completely composed as I sat on the potty about "Beware that woman, she's a writer!" (It was very Maya Angelou--not filky at all, you would have been proud!)
* The joke that Mate and Zoomboy accidentally told each other on the way home about clocks. (Dad, what's that other hand on the clock? That's the second hand, son. No, it's not the second hand, it's the third hand, and you didn't tell me what it does!")
* And the way Squish bosses me around with the ipod in the mornings. (Not that song, the other one. That one's too sad. That one's too loud. That one's just right. Now play it again. And again. Now California Girls! And now Nightmare Before Christmas! Again!)
So, basically a very full blog post, and I was looking forward to it.
And then, I got a phone call I've been expecting but not in a good way, and I find I'm just too tired to do these things justice. My grandfather passed away this morning, and we've been waiting for it, and he hung on way longer than he should have (because the guy survived four plane crashes and was on his second brain tumor-- I think he was surprised that he'd be done in as early as the age of 92) but still. Still. The guy was my hero, and he was larger than life, and I'm not ready to write that blogpost either, but all in all?
I'm tired. It's been a VERY full week, and I'm ready to be done with words for a while.
Good night all.