Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Yarnmas!

Yeah--it's a holiday, I know! It's a surprise to me too!

I had no idea, really, until I went out to check my mail and there was not just one surprise skein of yarn from a friend, but TWO!!! It was really a trip-- I was on my way to Chicken's insane soccer loss (12-0) in the 40 degree foggy damp, and when I got there, I looked at my parcels in such enchantment, I actually missed three of the other team's goals. (I guess if I'd missed our own goals this would have suggested bad mother-dom, but since the other team was making plenty of others, it was no big thing.)

So thank you, Ceri for the luscious merino/microfiber sundae, as well as the (oh joy oh joy--you have no idea how much I love these!!!) rip-mix cds!!! I'm so happy--it's better than Christmas and such a surprise!!!

And thank you Michelle, for the hand dyed skein of sockyarn from this guy. (It's a color somewhere between Cygnus and the red interpretation of Glacier Lake, with some more reds and pinks in it than either of those.) I like the guy's story and his site, and the yarn is yummy and the thought behind it--lovely.

So seriously--the little kids are driving me apeshit--they're an alpaca fiber away from being totally sick, but they're also totally bored so sending them outside into the ice-fucking-cold is out of the question. I've got a stack of papers to grade--I'm so desperate that I'm taking them to MacDonalds to play in the little gym so I can grade shit-- and although the unlimited bucket of diet coke is appealing, spending my Sunday doing that is not a whole lot of fun, and neither is surfing the net looking for a present for Chicken (a Twilight sweater) that's going to take a quarter of her Christmas budget out of the coffers.

But I'm taking my yarn with me to McDonalds, so I can fondle it and coo at it, and dream of Christmas vacation, where we will spend marvelous hours together, making something lovely.

Thanks guys--and Happy Yarnmas to you too!!!

(Pictures later today, I think, after this good girl has done her many duties:-)

No comments: