Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The kids, at least, had fun today...

It started with the plumber, here to fix the chronic sink back-up that started on Sunday (yes, the Sunday w/Easter eggs and company!) and the kids LOVED IT. A 60 foot vibrating sink snake, plugging into a port in the side of the house that they had heretofore ignored, was high adventure for Cave Troll and Ladybug. Receiving the bill was high comedy for Mum & Dad as well, and the day wasn't over yet!!!

Yesterday, I got a call at ten-o'clock from the dentist office, asking me why I wasn't there. It appears that the useless teenagers, I mean absent minded older children had forgotten to tell me about the telephone reminder about...well, I'd actually forgotten what I was having done to me. In hindsight, I think I forgot on purpose, in order to block it out.

Anyway, the short people got a nice day with grandpa and the brand new puppy named Max. There was chasing around the house and petting the puppy and pushing the swing and playing 'bang-bang' (yes, mom's so thrilled grandpa taught them 'bang-bang'--remember, we have 6,000 toy swords and not one toy gun!!!) and eating lunch and then running around some more--it was the capper on an already stellar day for the little ones.

On mom's side of the day, there was also high adventure. "Here," said the dentist. "Let me take a picture of your tooth for insurance purposes, so they know this is necessary surgery."

"Coo'" said I. (Well novocained, I may add!) "Can I thbee?" What kind of masochistic goose-brain am I? I mean...for real? That picture? Of my tooth? Looked like a really deep white Easter basket with a bone and silver handle. MY TOOTH!!!

"You'rb gonna SABE DAT?" I asked, a little panicked, as Dr. V wound up his drill again.

"Oh yeah...we're going to put in a temporary and then do a crown and then..." And then I blocked it out...until I got the bill and had to write a post-dated check, because baby, between the plumber and Big T's black-belt test, we're tapped!

But I got to grandma and grandpa's, and the kids were sooooooo happy. They fell asleep on the way home, well content.

It had been a hell of a day.

6 comments:

Galad said...

Don't you just hate days like that! Hopefully you won't have another one for a very long time.

Em said...

What a day! At least the wee ones had fun, though your checkbook must not have been particularly thrilled with the happenings.

Saren Johnson said...

Sounds like a busy, busy day. Are the batteries recharged?

roxie said...

Oh, Sweetie, I'm so sorry about your tooth. And so happy for the short people. Hooray for grandpa and short-notice baby-sitting!

Plumbing will always go south at the worst possible time. Our sewer clogged the morning that we were getting married in our backyard with 150 guests expected. God Bless Mr. Rooter!!

The Lady in Red said...

The BEST thing I have ever done was get dental insurance. No sooner had I signed the paperwork than Victor needed 3k worth of work done on his 4 year old teeth. Yeah, I about birthed pink twinkies when I got that bill! But the insurance covered most of it! And then I did a little happy dance. :) It sounds like you're having a nice break though! We've just been lazing around the house. We should do a park day with the midgets!

Donna Lee said...

This is vacation time, right? Vacation = fun? right? Where's the fun for mom? (or dad, although mom got the dental surgery). I hope the rest of your break is quieter and more uneventful.