Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, December 20, 2018

And that's when I snapped


So, ZoomBoy has finals for three days. He gets out early.

Squish had an early day today--she got out about 45 minutes after ZoomBoy.

I got to ZoomBoy late--I had a teleconference. I had him walk to Carl's Jr. When I picked him up, he asked for food.

This is unusual.

ZoomBoy's ADHD medication ensures he's not particularly hungry for most of the day.

So of course I got him food.

A milkshake, jalapeno poppers, and five chicken tenders.

I got him a lot of food.

We went and got Squish. She wanted food too. We went to Wendy's. 

While we were there he asked for fries and chicken nuggets.

I remarked upon this while we were waiting in line.

"Geez, kid, you are eating up a storm!"

He was, at this time, finishing up my water and flicking my straw across the car, after which he fumbled the cup it was in, dropping it on the floor--empty, thank God--and then picked up the empty shake cup and did the same thing flicking bits of shake all over the front seat.

"Yeah," he said. "I think I forgot my medication."

"You think?" I asked.

He fumbled the shake cup, added the empty next to my water cup on the floor and through sheer fidgetingness flung the straw out the window.

"I'm not sure. I can't remember. Squish, can you remember? We did pantomimes in class today, that was my drama final and I don't have to take a test at all, because my last one was yesterday. What were we talking about again?"

"Did you remember your medication?"

 And here, give this to your sister."  I handed him the bag with her sandwich and his fries.

Which he promptly fumbled all over the back seat.

And THAT, yer honor, was when I beat him over the head with the bag of chicken nuggets.


2 comments:

Will Parkinson said...

Poor kid. :(

avatarminx said...

Clear Water is one of my favorite books. I’m seeing why you wrote it so well !