Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Everything is Awesome!

*  The kids have mastered the art of couching-- thank you Lego Movie for giving them the perfect way to do it!
*  The other night, an adult asked ZB a question he wasn't expecting.  I could tell that his ADHD completely shorted out his response mechanism.  

"Did you completely go to the zoo, there kid?"  I asked kindly.

He smiled sweetly, and made a little exploding motion with his hand.  "Boom!" he said.

Yeah, it's okay kid-- it happens to everyone.

*  The kids have been watching Malcolm in the Middle.  I was listening, even when I was in the Dragon's Cave, and I caught this gem:

"It's not a lie if it would be true if the facts were different."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the cornerstone of our congress right now. Political moment over.

* Squish and I had the following conversation as I was blowing my nose:

Squish: Allergies?

Me: No, boogers.

Squish: Yeah, I get those.

* A short text convo about fanfic:

Julianne: Derek + Parish?

Me: Derish?

Julianne: Oh, it's already a thing?

Me: I was taking a guess!

Julianne: *goes to look*


* Another short convo with Mate

Me: Emmanuelle Goes to Paris? The Secretary's Obsession? Beach House Obsession? Holy Wow! What's with all the soft core in the movie feed!

Mate: Welcome to Skin-e-Max.

Me: Really? Holy crap! No wonder 13 YO boys like cable!

* A short convo with the handsome very young single father of one of Squish's bes friends.

Handsome Young Father: Is your older daughter here?

Me: No, she's still in San Diego. Would you like to see some pictures?

HYF: Yeah! Oh, there she is. So, that guy who keeps showing up in all the pictures…is that her, uhm, boyfriend?

Me: No, that's her brother.

FTR? Her brother thought that was HYSTERICAL!


* Oh yeah-- I was interviewed HERE and showed up blogging HERE.

* Did I mention MACKEY'S ON PRE-SALE!!!


* And that I got Jury Duty in August. Now, last time, it was a 19 Yo who looked like Talker's Brian, getting popped for his third pocket full of party drugs. He was about to go down on a technicality for most of his life. I oozed mom-pity so strongly the prosecution pretty much dismissed me without batting an eyelash. I was obviously not going to be objective. I really hope that kid got off. I, uhm, don't anticipate that I'll be serving particularly long for this one.

* And I was feeling lost because I'd finished my Christmas novella-- ftr, I did 40,000 words in two weeks-- that was pretty damned dragon ridden, right?
Well, I was inspired. The guy in the magnet is the proprietor of Candy Heaven-- and I loved visiting it so much that I made it the center of my story. The story sort of just flew, and now I'm nervous as hell because I gave The Candy Man a rough draft of MY STORY, in case he wanted to change something. *chews nails* God, let it not suck.

* The kids are going to stay with mom this weekend while Mate and I go to San Francisco so Mate can run the half marathon. Everybody wish Mate luck--I know he's been really busy with soccer registration and filling in for the boss man at work, so I'm rooting for a perfect day to run. He deserves a good one!








3 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Good luck Mate! And I've got jury duty next month as well.

Unknown said...

Sending up a prayer to the Weather Gods that the weather be absolutely perfect for Mate to run the PERFECT half-marathon, and that you have a perfect place to observe and be ideal support!

Kim Fielding said...

Last time I was in Candy Heaven, the owner gave a tweenish boy one of those bug candies and dared him to eat it. Poor kid wouldn't back down in front of his pals.

He also gave my 11-year-old a candy necklace. She might have eaten the bug, actually.

Best of luck with the run!