Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ramble On...

I'm just gonna throw shit out today, like a big pile of discount yarn, and there are no guarantees it's not going to get tangled and mangled and mussed, okay?

*  I wrote lots this last week-- but mostly for other places!  So, come visit me at Sid Love'sGreen's Hill, ant Books Make Me Happy -- and enjoy!

*  Mate said the following while watching television: Did they change Mr. Clean? I think he used to be more butch.  Weird.  But he seems very nice.  (My response to this was a series of wordless *urgh-gack* noises that can't really be translated.  Mate's a good man, but, well, o.0)

*  THIS happened in Australia, and I haven't stopped listening to it.

*  Zoomboy got to the fifth Harry Potter book, and bought a pen/wand with his allowance.  He keeps waving it at the car windows and saying "ascendio" and "descendio" -- of course I push the button to make the windows go up and down.

*  Chicken sent me this picture of Squish and Tyler Posey, saying Squish had found her role model. She was right-- their postures do match.  Squish is so glamorous, it hurts :-)


 *  We took the dog out to play.  I did not get a picture, but there's something about watching this dog run flat out, with his ears flopping and his arched back expanding and contracting, and those little deer legs digging in for the race that makes me think this dog needs to run all the frickin' time.

And then he needs to sleep.

*  I made it to the gym once this week.  This is a big deal.  Between the rain and the dentist appointments and the pool getting resurfaced, well, aqua is a luxury.  I"m starting to crave it.

*  My drug addicted rock star (a.k.a. Beneath the Stain) should wrap up this week.  Which means my next project needs some serious Google Fu.

*  To that end-- has anyone here heard about the bells of Times Square (or Madison Square Gardens?)  See-- I read a google article about two years ago about how a local church rang its bells during WWII until all of the soldiers came home.  But now that I'm almost ready to write the story this inspired, I CAN'T FIND THE DAMNED ARTICLE.  If anyone out there knows this source, please send it to me!

*  I'm naming all of my chapter titles for Beneath the Stain after rock songs.  What's your favorite rock song?  I'm only asking because right now my answer is ALL THE SONGS.  I love ALL THE SONGS.  I literally have twenty more songs I'm dying to use as chapter titles, but I know I only have like, two or three chapters left.  So I want to see yours.  Because.  I'm masochistic that way.

*  And in that vein?  (And because I've got to take the kids to dance soon!) I've got this for you all, because I can't hear it enough:



* Oh yeah-- and how do you like the New Release Monday format… I'm just asking.  Nobody comments on it really, but everybody stops in to see.  If you think it's a good thing-- comment, please!!!   I'd love to know if that's working!

And now, I must away-- dance lessons wait, wherein we all watch Zoomboy try to execute grace and beauty with feet the size of a six-month old Newfoundland/Mastiff mix, attached to little stick ankles.  High comedy, I assure you!

*waves*  Ramble on!

8 comments:

Kris said...

Under Pressure--Queen. It's my favorite song of all time and has yet to be knocked off it's perch despite ALL THE SONGS!

Love Release Monday! Anywhere I can see knew releases coming up and build anticipation is a very good thing!

I'm mostly a lurker, but you can be sure I check in whenever there's a new post. :)

Evaine said...

Until It Sleeps by Metallica is one of many favourites. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. Running Blind by Godsmack. Minority by Green Day. Why yes, I have many. *LOL*

I wish I could help with the bells, but... *helpless hands*

Unknown said...

Oh Gawdess...Ok, I'm dating myself, but I seriously don't give a flip...Ya' wanted favorite Rock Song of all Time?? The one that STILL has me shaking my butt ALLLL over the kitchen floor? Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me"...Yeah, baby! (and it embarrasses the HELL outta the kids, too! SCORE! If you want another one - I gotta nominate "Sweet Child O'Mine" - Guns-N-Roses...Rock ON!!!

Alex said...

Favorite rock songs. Okay!

Sultans of Swing
Layla
Roundabout
Comfortably Numb
Kashmir
A Hard Day's Night
Gethsemane (it's from a rock opera so it totally counts, right?)

I'm guessing these are already on your list. ;)

Carole-Ann said...

Going with Kris with another Queen song: "We Will Rock You" :D or even "Bohemian Rhapsody" (tho' that one probably won't suit as a chapter heading)

I read every blog you write (ok, major fan-girl here), but I seldom comment b/c I'm usually blown away with admiration :) (Too heavy?? Sorry)

*Hugs*

Unknown said...

Too many to list, but way back in the '60s and '70s when I was growing up, the two songs I became most obsessed with were "You Keep Me Hanging On" by Vanilla Fudge and "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin (of course!)
Yes to Release Monday, even though it makes my tbr list grow exponentially.

Devony said...

Well my google-fu needs some work because I wasn't t able to find anything on your bell story either...*sighs*

Old school Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird came to mind but god there are so many good ones!...and probably would not fit for this but found a song recently that I really like by Matthew Nathanson called Come On Get Higher *shrugs*... Soo many great songs out there! :D

Umm comment on your Monday posts? *blinks* ...so not gonna be helpful there because well I haven't read anything from you that I haven't enjoyed...so thumbs up here! lol Please carry on! ;)

laraine said...

Because if anybody could use this Leonard Cohen song it would be you - ' Don't Go Home With Your Hard On ' .....ok probably not what what you call hard rock!