Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Amy Lane Welcomes Sid Love!



Hi all!  A couple of things before we get to my guest, Sid Love, who wanted to talk about his book with the gorge-mous cover!

First off-- I was supposed to post a blog on Friday, but since Tuesday's post went up late-- and since it got a lOT of traffic-- I thought I'd leave it for a little while.  I hope that's okay- I don't want you all to think I just pumped that out at two a.m. and spent the next two days sleeping.  (Just the morning.  Mate took the kids to school for me on Wednesday.  I was sort of knackered.)  Anyway-- I'll try to jump back on the wagon on Monday, to make up-- kk?


Second off-- this whole hosting of authors is getting to be a thing, and I hadn't planned it that way.  People just keep asking me, and, well, I do like people, so I say yes.  I always feel bad-- this isn't really a blog where people expect to see new authors-- I'm always afraid the people who post here won't get the traffic they want.  On the other hand-- maybe they will, and I'd love to share my good fortune--and my outstanding, amazing, beloved readers with the world.  What I'm thinking of doing is opening up a specific date and time, say, the first Monday of the month (since I actually have two guest post obligations in the first week of the month as it is) and then just make one big combined post of people who want a chance to say hullo.  What do you think?  If you catch this post, give me a shout- out in the comments if you think that's a good idea, and that yes, what started out as a knitting/family/teaching/writing blog and then sort of morphed and expanded and changed, can handle one more shift to accommodate my fellow writers, who are often so very good to me.  


And third off-- I missed some stuff in the post about reviews.  I did-- some of it I've said before, particularly in the Amy's Lane posts, and some of it that's particular to me.  I may or may not address that, or I may save it for another Amy's Lane (because the first Monday of the month is always a rough time for me.  "What am I going to post again?  Ear, empty-- please check other orifices!)  We'll see.  So much of what I do is locked in stone, I'd like to leave myself open to play a little.  But yes-- I may come back and address tropes and reviews and such. I think there's more to say-- in a level-headed, objective manner-- that has not been addressed in my usual "They were mean to meeeeeeeeee!!!"  fashion.


And now, on to Sid Love, who runs a lovely blog of his own, and who gave me an amazing review of Behind the Curtain right here.    You saw that cover up there?  


THIS IS A BIG FURRY DEAL!  It's Paul Richmond, who also did my Going Up! and Shiny! covers, and this is the first day the cover has been seen on the net!


So everybody welcome Sid Love, and his new cover and his new book-- *yayayayayayayay!*



TITLE: Holding on to Hope

AUTHOR: Sid Love

PUBLISHER: Dreamspinner Press

LENGTH: 68 Pages

COVER ARTIST: Paul Richmond

BLURB: Bradley Parker has waited twenty years for Mr. Right, and on Valentine’s Day, he finally finds him. It’s love at first sight, and Brad even loses his virginity to the man of his dreams. But when he wakes up the next morning unable to remember anything—even what the man looked like—his best friend, Leslie, is convinced he imagined the whole thing. Brad knows he didn’t make up the best night of his life, but he has no idea of the danger he’s putting himself in as he struggles to recall the details of his perfect man. His search may lead him to parts of New York City he never dreamed existed and a war being waged in the shadows.

PRE ORDER LINK: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4724


RELEASE DATE: February 14, 2014


AUTHOR BIO -

Sid Love grew up in one of busiest cities in the world, Mumbai, listening to the excerpts of Indian epics from his father every night. While it served as an inspiration back in time, he has always had an ambitious mind. In 2007, when he had just turned sixteen, he decided that he would make his lifelong dream come true—to become a well-known, respected author some day.

Ask him and he would refuse to accept that he is obsessed with books. Or movies. Or TV shows. Addicted may even be the right word. He is a die-hard fan of Jane Austen's romance novels and loves to reread them time and again.

You can find him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sid.love.16?ref=tn_tnmn or tweet him anytime: https://twitter.com/FatefulMercy, or simply e-mail him at sidlovethewriter@live.in.

No comments: