Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Saturday, May 7, 2011

In Full Color!



Of course, you all knew that the last post was a prelude to this one, right?

I Love You, Asshole! is out on May 18th--and I'm really excited. For a moment there, I was sort of embarrassed, really. Oh, geez--another Little Goddess book, and the people who jump into this one cold are going to be really lost and pummel me on goodreads and whooooooooaaaaa is little old misunderstood me...

Goddess I'm a wimp sometimes.

So thank you, all of you who've been with me since Bound (zomg-- five years ago. Seriously-- Five years ago, Bound came out, and Squish was iddy-biddy, and I started just rambling into the 'verse with desperate hopes to make a name for myself as a writer. Who knew?) Anyway, thank you, for reminding me that there are people who are gonna LOVE Marcus and Phillip, and that my Little Goddess verse is well loved. I AM excited about this-- Marcus and Phillip are funny, fierce, and friction-y. (It's a word because I say it is, right?) They are a prime example of why even the best of men need to be smacked upside the head sometimes to improve their emotional stability and mental health--just as a general exercise, like a run around the block or something. These two guys needed to be thrown through a wall--fortunately, Green was there to make sure they landed unharmed.

And other than that, tomorrow is Mother's Day. I'm doing something. No, don't really know what--am told I might want walking shoes and a dress. Am not told what exactly I'll be doing in my ratty tennishoes and a summer dress. Chicken knows, I do not, and I'm SERIOUSLY dying here. Am I the ONLY one in my family who can't keep a secret for shit? Apparently so.

I love them for that. I really do--a surprise, for me? Awesome.

And part of the best bit of the surprise is that it's MY day. I did Mother's day with my bio-mom and grandma today--which means tomorrow, my step-mom will appreciate a card or a drive-by with flowers muchly, and I DON'T have to do a 100 mile round trip on MY day. It really IS my day--I can sleep in, and ignore the work at my desk (increasingly hard to do, I'm telling ya!) and essentially, you know, have a day to celebrate squishing four wriggly red things out my cooter--and then not killing them as they aged. That they turned into outstanding human beings is not my fault--but I'll take credit for it if that's what's being offered.

Happy Mother's day to all of you mothers out there,or even just the maternal at heart. Allow yourself to be celebrated--we do good work:-)

5 comments:

DecRainK said...

Happy Mother's Day to you :)


Cannot wait until the 18th to get I Love You, Asshole.

Saren Johnson said...

Happy belated Mother's Day.

Michelle said...

Hope it was a good Mothers day!

I love love love the Little G stuff and will be VERY put out if you EVER stop writin it! Just (mostly) kidding! I actually like the way you write just about anything (though can we have a happy (or less angsty)romance sometime? PLEASE?) Keep up the good work!

roxie said...

Bravo to you! May it be a day for rejoicing. Your family loves you bunches!

Texas Book Lover said...

I get back among other adults after multiple soccer tournaments with my oldest dauther... I see this post! It is absolutely beuatiful! Can't wait to read it!