Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

And some more about me...

You were all so sweet about my un-boringness--thank you! (I wasn't fishing for compliments that time--swear!!!) One of the interviews is out, and I thought I'd post it for you--but you are under NO OBLIGATION TO READ IT. (But do give Kenda a hullo--she's been very sweet, and she, too, is just starting out as an independent spirt:-) So here I am. Anybody think I should hire a super-model Goth chick to sub for me in the photo? It's starting to sound like a fanTABULOUS idea!!!

I've got other book news, but I'll post it tomorrow (and it should be on the website by then--let's cross our fingers for Mate, the amazing and successful WoW troll!) and in the meantime, I'll leave this tiny post with a moment of Ladybug Zen.

We were in the pool yesterday, and Ladybug was doing her limpet-impersonation in mama's arms. Mama, after 40 minutes of talking to Ladybug and Chicken and the Cave Troll in the weird, toxic air was beginning to ramble, and Goddess knows what I was saying to her. Well, the whole pool knows, because at one point I said, "Can we kick now? Good job. Let's kick. We can kick. We can kick and our little feet will do the work. Isn't that great? Isn't it cool that we have feet?"

And then Ladybug practically stood up straight in the water, grinned that little gap-toothed grin and shouted, "I HAVE FEET!"

And so she does--good for her!

6 comments:

Catie said...

Three cheers for feet (and little kids who make our day!)

Galad said...

Good interview and not at all boring :-)

Lyssa said...

You know, you are a writer! Even when you think you are having a boring week, your blog posts are fun to read.

I like your hair in the interview photo :) It is like mine. Embrace the chaos and lurv it.

Actually, I ended up shaving off half of mine eventually, all up the back of my neck. It looks straightlaced enough that people don't stare when I leave it down, but oh my god is it cooler in the summer to have half as much fluff on my head.

Louiz said...

Very nice interview. And feet are good, yes!

TinkingBell said...

Great interview (and pffft for corporate crap publishers!!!!)
Feet are great (they are almost the most attrative part of my body really!)

roxie said...

Let us all dance with joy and squeal with glee. We have FEET! Yay Ladybug! Celebrate the good news!