Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Things To Do

1. Get hair cut. (Get several cut--one won't make much difference.)

2. Nag older children to clean living room, so that I might hide eggs at 2:00 am

3. Nag older children to clean kitchen, so that the cave troll might dye eggs to hide at 2:00 am.

4. Buy chocolate for the eggs that are plastic and don't go well with mustard, mayonaisse and pickles.

5. Buy more of those plastic eggs because Mate keeps throwing them away.

6. Go to Weight Watchers for a reminder as to why I personally won't be eating all that chocolate.

7. Buy toys for children because we are so pagan we have somehow confused Easter with Christmas.

8. Go to LYS for their knitting group, so that I might finish dress that I started in August, because Easter is the only time Ladybug would possibly wear such a dress.

9. Break the Arwyn cardigan out of it's moth proof plastic so that Ladybug might wear it tomorrow over her lovely dress.

10. Find Cave Troll's new socks. That and a new polo shirt--it's all we need for Easter. (Pants might help.)

11. Correct BITTERMOON manuscript--Yarri's eyes are brown, dammit.

12. Correct BITTERMOON manuscript--Aylan is in spy training, he needs to sleep with someone for spying purposes.

13. Keep working on BITTERMOON manuscript--I want to see what happens next.

14. Keep reading Roxie's manuscript--I really want to see what happens next.

15. Stop looking at Lace Style and Sox Sox Sox--I have 4 things on the needles as is.

16. Make sure a copy of Jim Butcher's White Night is in the bathroom--I really want to see what happens next.

17. Get a new Scooby Doo Too DVD. The Cave Troll has worn out the old one.

18. Find another agent to send a packet to, in cast the really freaky lady from UPS screwed up my last send.

19. Stop calling work "That black hole from hell that is going to suck the flesh off my bones and the spirit out of my body". I have to go back in two days.

20. Buy size 3 4" dpns because not only did Chicken feed 3/5 of the last set to the dog, she now wants to make wristlets for herself out of sock yarn. MIddle Schoolers are the embodiment of irony.

20. Sit with the Ladybug on my lap for at least 2 hours in the next two days.

21. Get off the damn computer, I do have a life.

22. Wish all your friends on-line a Happy Pagan Day with lots of chocolate eggs... (and wish Needletart a wonderful Seder:-)

7 comments:

NeedleTart said...

And Happy Pagen Chocolate Day to you, too! I just finished reading....."Blood Rites" (bet you thought I was going to say something else) Love that Harry Dresden (hate the objective case when it should be subjective, but I digress, and am really picky!). We had Seder at a friend's house. For the first time in 10 years, I was only responsible for the dessert and charoses. Gotta love Pesach. I've lost 6 pounds so far. South Beach with potatoes and sugar whoot!

Amy Lane said...

That's funny that you're wild about Harry...I'm reading White Night as I finish knitting the last of Ladybug's dress!!! (The case doesn't bother me...but I'm sure you figured that out from my book...) I don't know the South Beach diet--but I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week, so I'm gonna try to stick w/weight watchers:-)

roxie said...

Yayyy Amy! Stick with Weight Watchers. It works!! It's good to fill up on fruit and veggies. And fat-free canned chicken broth is our friend. Drink it for a filling zero point snack. Dump a package of frozen veggies in and microwave it on high for five minutes for a bodacious zero point lunch. Then, you can enjoy those chocolate eggs with clear conscience.

My verification word is udietdo. Is this a sign or what?

Rae said...

That's funny about the pagan presents -- I got DD 4 mini Lindt's chocolate eggs (DH wants her to develop a taste for the "finest" while I say leave it for us; he won) and one mini Pez dispenser with two candy packets. That's it. the rest of the basket was filled with toys and trinkets. I had to stop from getting real presents that you wrap -- $30 on the basket goodies was enough for a holiday that we actually don't even celebrate (except for the pagan parts).

Could you possibly let us borrow that bathroom book? DH and I both have food poisoning. Our one bathroom is getting lots of use today. Blech.

Did you get the eggs hidden? I assembled DD's basked at 2am, actually, after waking up with the first wave of purging. I remembered in between heaves that I had forgotten to set it up! At least there's some bright side to the food sickness. ;)

Catie said...

Happy Easter Amy

Netter said...

Hubby asked why we were dying eggs for Easter. I told him it was because the early Church co-opted the pagan Spring ritual. We didn't hide our eggs, but he did make egg salad for lunch yesterday.

Saren Johnson said...

Happy Pagan Day to you also. Since it was just us adults, I didn't have to do much of anything. : )