Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, November 16, 2018

ZoomBoy's Birthday

So, the thing is, school is canceled tomorrow due to the smoke in the air--and it's just as well. The lot of us are headachy with itchy eyes and the whole family is waking up and coughing like 80 year olds after a cigar and whiskey bender.

But the thing is, the kids got to stay up tonight.

Which was unfortunate in a way, because I had planned to stay up all night and make ZoomBoy's gauntlet.

But the more I worked on it, the more fascinated he became.

I mean, the original plan?

Was to have it in a box all finished, with some purple felt and package fill representing Thanos's severed arm sticking out of the back.

But he watched me make it, and came and asked where the gems went, and it was twelve o'clock as it was.

"Do you want to glue the gems on?" I asked uncertainly. I mean, I'm supposed to be making it for HIM.

"YES!" He got so excited!

"Uh..." And I paused here. My family knows I'm not good with secrets, but this one was SO GOOD. "Uh, do you want to set it up in the box? We were, uh, gonna--"

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

So, ZoomBoy has helped finish AND wrap his gift.

Because it's cool.

And funky.

And fun.

Pretty much just like my fifteen year old son. Who stayed up until 1:30 tonight watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind with me so he could see the end of the movie--AND his birthday present at the end.

He's sort of the best.

He's the funniest, and the smartest and the coolest and the funkiest and the most awesome ZoomBoy a mom could wish for.

Although if he wants me to top the Infinity Mitten for another birthday, I really COULD wish for some more heads up.

But other than that?

It's perfect.

(btw-- he is trying to pose with the glove doing the Thanos snap from the movie, but it doesn't show off all the jewels... just saying, we do love a bit of detail here!)





3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow! What an amazing young person and an amazing parent.

Deanna said...

What an awesome young human being and an amazing parent.

Janie Friedman said...

Happiest birthday to the most awesome ZB! And the glove is a masterpiece!