Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Nothing to report...

Image may contain: dog and indoor

"Mom, what's a textile?"

"Well, Squish, it's a fabric. Textiles are fabrics made of fiber. Knitted, woven, crocheted--"

"Oh. I'm reading about the textiles in Shetland."

I widened my eyes and got a better look at what she was reading. "What do you have there?"

"One of your magazines. I had to do a report on a magazine article."

"And you thought yarn was the way to go."

"Well, also you write for this one. I put it as one of the reasons I picked it."

"Okay then."

"It's an interesting article."

"I"m sure all the 12 year olds will be crazy for it. You were going to make a copy weren't you?"

"Oooh... yeah, that would be much better than cutting it out!"

"My editor probably thinks so too."


B. String Boys is breaking me. It's been a while since I've sobbed so openly over my keyboard. You're all welcome.

C. I made an experiment today. I instapotted a roast in a bottle of wine and some garlic bullion. Two goes at stew setting, then I took the meat out, carved it into cubes, threw it back in and added sour cream, and rice. 

My family thought it was amazing.

*bows*

D. We watched Desperately Seeking Susan tonight. Can I just say that I had a serious crush on Aiden Quinn (who sort of looked like Mate as a kid in that movie) and thinking about him now, in Elementary, I think he also looks like Mate (a very East Coast, Old Spice, cop-suit and bryll cream Mate) which is funny.

Maybe it's the eyes. 

E. Oh! And the picture! Squish took it while I was napping. She was like, "It looks like you killed all the animals, Mom!"

I looked at the picture and said, "Sleep bomb GO!"

And then we tried to find Geoffie.

I posted it on FB and offered a prize who could accurately count how many animals in that shot excluding the big mammal in the middle--most folks got it right, but not everybody.

Silly Geoffie ;-)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What Magazine do you write for and how do I get my hands on it?

Amy Lane said...

Yarn! Magazine-- it's Australian but you can get an electronic copy at Pocketmags.