I'm just gonna throw shit out today, like a big pile of discount yarn, and there are no guarantees it's not going to get tangled and mangled and mussed, okay?
* I wrote lots this last week-- but mostly for other places! So, come visit me at Sid Love's, Green's Hill, ant Books Make Me Happy -- and enjoy!
* Mate said the following while watching television: Did they change Mr. Clean? I think he used to be more butch. Weird. But he seems very nice. (My response to this was a series of wordless *urgh-gack* noises that can't really be translated. Mate's a good man, but, well, o.0)
* THIS happened in Australia, and I haven't stopped listening to it.
* Zoomboy got to the fifth Harry Potter book, and bought a pen/wand with his allowance. He keeps waving it at the car windows and saying "ascendio" and "descendio" -- of course I push the button to make the windows go up and down.
* Chicken sent me this picture of Squish and Tyler Posey, saying Squish had found her role model. She was right-- their postures do match. Squish is so glamorous, it hurts :-)
* We took the dog out to play. I did not get a picture, but there's something about watching this dog run flat out, with his ears flopping and his arched back expanding and contracting, and those little deer legs digging in for the race that makes me think this dog needs to run all the frickin' time.
And then he needs to sleep.
* I made it to the gym once this week. This is a big deal. Between the rain and the dentist appointments and the pool getting resurfaced, well, aqua is a luxury. I"m starting to crave it.
* My drug addicted rock star (a.k.a. Beneath the Stain) should wrap up this week. Which means my next project needs some serious Google Fu.
* To that end-- has anyone here heard about the bells of Times Square (or Madison Square Gardens?) See-- I read a google article about two years ago about how a local church rang its bells during WWII until all of the soldiers came home. But now that I'm almost ready to write the story this inspired, I CAN'T FIND THE DAMNED ARTICLE. If anyone out there knows this source, please send it to me!
* I'm naming all of my chapter titles for Beneath the Stain after rock songs. What's your favorite rock song? I'm only asking because right now my answer is ALL THE SONGS. I love ALL THE SONGS. I literally have twenty more songs I'm dying to use as chapter titles, but I know I only have like, two or three chapters left. So I want to see yours. Because. I'm masochistic that way.
* And in that vein? (And because I've got to take the kids to dance soon!) I've got this for you all, because I can't hear it enough:
* Oh yeah-- and how do you like the New Release Monday format… I'm just asking. Nobody comments on it really, but everybody stops in to see. If you think it's a good thing-- comment, please!!! I'd love to know if that's working!
And now, I must away-- dance lessons wait, wherein we all watch Zoomboy try to execute grace and beauty with feet the size of a six-month old Newfoundland/Mastiff mix, attached to little stick ankles. High comedy, I assure you!
*waves* Ramble on!