Okay, so school starts tomorrow for the little kids, and, well, five whole people heard me whine about how I haven't crammed enough fun in this summer for them, so let's have a list of what we've done for the past three days, shall we?
* School shopping with my step mom
* Swimming at the pool with kids one last time
* Ignoring laundry
* Grocery shopping
* Grocery shopping again because I realized that the first time, I bought vitamin water. The second time, I needed things for school lunches and breakfast out the door and after school snacks. There is a very different way to shop when school is in session, one that doesn't rely nearly as much on Chicken McNuggets and giant diet cokes.
* Dealing with family stuff and stupid mental health care disarray and the consequences of taking someone off antipsychotics after they've been on them for nearly 40 years.
* Write special guest post for Cherie about promoting a new book!
*I'm giving away a free copy of Sidecar HERE.
* Write some Dawson.
* Make sure the kids have packed their backpacks for tomorrow.
* Introduce Squish to Chicago, and teach her all the words to When You're Good to Mama.
* Cook dinner
* Realize you dumped wormy rice in your chicken stock. Cook pizza.
* Wonder how you're going to fit all this stuff in while shuttling kids back and forth.
* I've got an interview about alpaca ranching HERE.
* Wonder where the summer went, and why you didn't spend as much time as you wanted to with your kids as a whole.
* Send them to bed with hugs and tears and one last admonition to have their clothes and their backpacks ready.
* Sit down to edit just a little bit sadder than you did three nights ago.
* Wonder where the time goes.