Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ag-AIN?

Sorry--

Time is totally leaping by me in bounds like a startled deer.

I think part of it was that I was getting sick yesterday.  I skipped my workout (because nothing says "get sicker" like going swimming when it's 35 degrees outside) and slept.  For two hours.

The cat kept giving me full body tackle hugs while I slept to make sure I was still alive.

*happy sigh*

Twas beyond awesome.

And I went to bed at the normal time--and I feel better!  Isn't that amazing?  Seriously-- the older I get, the more I appreciate sleep (and the less time I have to get some--that's weird.)

And other things in the update?




Well, Big T has very little to do atm-- School's out for another week, and he's hanging out around the house, catching up with his movie viewing.  Little Johnnie the dog?  Has come to think of him as his favorite human-- it's really very cute.  But the dog-- if you see a lot of pictures of this dog sleeping, it's because HE SLEEPS A LOT!  As I posted on Twitter, I had a cat that was dying of something that slept less than this supposedly hyper-breed puppy!

It also gives me a twitch that threatens to burst out-- you know, the one that screams, "GET A JOB!"

But he's so good about other stuff... and he's looking.  Just hard to find right now.  *sigh*

So there's that.

The Kings might move to Seattle-- Mate is depressed, and I'm going to a game with him tonight so that he might not mourn alone.  I don't know what to do about that--we're going to have to find him another sports obsession... uhm, Rivercats games here we come?  I haven't written baseball players yet...

Squish is blowing my mind-- she sounds SO grownup sometimes-- it's hard to remember she's still six!

Upon getting the wrong happy meal toy:  "Mama, I thought they would have the Mochi toys.  I'm a little disappointed.  We already have the Strawberry Shortcake."

Upon watching Hercules: "Mom, the animation of the monster does not quite match the animation of the rest of the movie.  Did they use a different technique?"  (Me:  0.0 uhm, yeah.  Computer animation for the monster, two-D animation for the rest of it.  Dayum, baby.)

And I'm trying to think of a third, but mostly, I get the sound of her evil cackle when she knows she's been cute--which is good, because I guess she's still six after all!

And I've got my plane tickets for Florida-- I'm attending the Old City New Blood  conference in less than a month, and I'm SO excited!  There will be  YARN SHOPPING beforehand, and hanging with my publisher and friend, Elizabeth, and my best Mary, and our bud, Elizabeth Staab, and, in general, lots and lots of joy.

And it might not be 35 degrees.  Saying.

Oh-- and in knitting news?  I'm sort of obsessed with the all purpose, garter stitch gaiter, knit in a large gauge yarn--but, and this is a good point here, so listen-- I think I should have done a different color the second time.  No yarn is so pretty or project so awesome that you want to do the same thing in the same color twice.

Oh yeah... and did I mention the new rug?

The cat would like me to mention the new rug.

In fact, it's her best thing of the YEAR!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time to read your blog. It's fun Enjoyed it.

Kris said...

Saw the Kings thing on yahoo the other day and the first thing I thought of was Mate. For his sake, I hope they stay!

countrygirlxxoo said...

LOLOL! For a minute there, it sounded like you wanted the dog to get a job. I had a chiweewee mix for 12 years (he looked like a short haired pommeranian but with the stocky chi body). He was a champion snoozer too, and as he got older he started snoring. Man, you could hear him from one end of the house to the other. I miss him terribly.

Sending Big T good luck vibes for job finding.

countrygirlxxoo said...

LOLOL! For a minute there, it sounded like you wanted the dog to get a job. I had a chiweewee mix for 12 years (he looked like a short haired pommeranian but with the stocky chi body). He was a champion snoozer too, and as he got older he started snoring. Man, you could hear him from one end of the house to the other. I miss him terribly.

Sending Big T good luck vibes for job finding.

(sorry if this posts twice...stupid blogger)

Donna Lee said...

One of my girls has been unemployed for over a year. It's really tough. She pounds the pavement but no one seems to be hiring.

How good of you to buy a new rug for the cat. I'm sure Steve appreciates it. Or not, it's hard to tell with cats. She probably just thinks it's her due.

Saren Johnson said...

Yes, sleep is a wonderful cure all.

DecRainK said...

I've said it before and I will say it again. Squish WILL rule the world