Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Saturday, August 20, 2011

This Week Was...

Busy enough to make me feel envy for Steve the Cat. (I don't know why she stays in there--but she does. For HOURS. The kids put a blanket over the bucket, fill it with soft toys, and go, "Shhh... Steve is sleeping." Seriously. I really fuckin' wanna be the damned cat!)



Too busy to let me blather some more about Vancouver. (But I'll show you the picture of the building lying on top of the building--that's what the etchings across the windows of the lower floor say. Fascinating.)




* In fact, it was busy enough to make me feel like Big T's Shoe.




It started well enough-- last Saturday, Mate had a reunion. Including the handsome man and his lumpy spouse pictured here, we knew two other people.



And then it got busy.

Chicken had two doctor's appointments to get ready for school (thankfully not pictured) and Squish had TWO bouts of Kindergarten orientation--one regarding testing, and one regarding how to get through the lunch line without darting around like startled tadpoles. You think I'm kidding, don't you? Look! I've got proof!



Everyone had soccer. Twice. Squish had her first game. She did fine:-)



And then there was the shopping! Shopping for school supplies! Shopping for clothes! Shopping for this hat, that fit Zoomboy like a glove and that we HAD to buy for him! It was a moral imperative. That, and he looked like he was gonna get wiseguy on my ass if I didn't!



On top of that, I was working on the galleys, because they moved Clear Waters to September 2nd!!!



All things considered, it made me long for the days when I could lounge in the sun, like a lizard. Ah well, the kids are starting school... maybe next week!



2 comments:

roxie said...

Micro-lizards!

Ahh, the cover to Clear Water is SUCH a teaser! And me too hetero to enjoy the book. Darn!

May you and Steve bask happily, healthily, lazily for at least an afternoon next week!

Saren Johnson said...

Yea, I want to be a cat in my next life.