Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lane Lunacy, Christmas Style

Heard recently in the Lane household--most often in the car:

Mate (after sipping from the wrong cup from the cupholder in the front of the car): Yeah-- what's IN there?

Me (eyes bugging in horror): "GUM!"

Mate (choking back laughter): "Mmmmminty!"

***

Chicken (wide eyed and ironic): "Yeah, Zoomboy-- if you don't believe in Santa, he won't come, and then Big T and I will suffer from broken hearts!"

Me (horrified, because Zoomboy ain't stupid!): "Careful, Chicken-- remember Zoomboy gets S-A-R-C-A-S-M!"

Painful silence as everyone who can read tries to figure out this word.

Zoomboy: "Sarcm?"

Mate: "That's closer than I got!"

***

Squishy Belle (when her father has not jumped on the gas pedal with both feet, whistling through time and space in order to see more Christmas lights in one go): "Green, Dad, GREEN!!!!!"

***

Squishy Belle (while waiting for Dad to come to the table with Taco Bell while we're at the mall): "Mom! I'm getting POTATOES AND CHEESE!!!"

***
(This one has been boiled down.)

Me: "Mate, why can't I access GoodReads anymore?"

Mate: "Because I blocked it."

Me: "Why'd you do that?"

Mate: "You asked me to."

Me: "Oh yeah... it was bumming me out..."

Littlewitch (via e-mail): THAT is a good Mate!

***

And for those of you who follow THE show... you will enjoy this.

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I love the earl ymorning eye candy but can't identify the show (no television!)

As I finish the last of the preparations (for some reason I'm ahead this year), I'll be thinking of you all across the country and wishing you joy and love, although I have a feeling you already have quite a bit of those.....

Merry Christmas to all you Lanes!

Saren Johnson said...

Merry Christmas. Good video.

Louiz said...

Happy Christmas. My small one is currently eating (slurping?) an ice pop... Hope you all have a good one